God wants to build His church.
Now, we know that “church” is not referring to bricks and mortar, but rather His church is US, His PEOPLE. God wants to work in us and through us. He wants us to reach out to those who are not in relationship with Him and tell them about God’s love and forgiveness. One aspect being involved in part of God’s plan is missions.
Missions is not only the world, but it is your country, your neighbourhood and your friends and family. Our responsibility is to share what God has put in us. Countless scriptures confirm this objective.
- Matt28:18 – Therefore GO and make disciples
- Matt 16:18 – On this rock I will build my church
- John 12:32 – When I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw all men unto me.
- John 21:16 – To Peter “Feed my sheep…” “Take care of my sheep...”
- Hebrews 6:10 – God is not unjust. He will not forget your work and the love you have shown Him as you have helped His people.
Last year a team went to the Philippines for 12 days to share the word of God, encourage the church and reach out to the Filipino children. We went knowing that we wanted to minister to the church, unsaved and to have a part in building God’s Kingdom, but God, in His all knowingness, also worked in OUR lives at the same time.
God ministered to us and encouraged us in a remarkable way. As we stepped out in our faith, those dreams and desires that God had placed in our lives started to become a reality. When we exercised faith, our confidence and reliance on the Holy Spirit increased, and God performed an amazing work within us. We were changed as we were being obedient to what God was wanting for His people in the Philippines.
God was ministering to us as we were ministering to others.
God is so good so let us be prepared and willing to go out...